Monday, November 28, 2011

THERON TAKES ISSUE WITH NY REPORTER: "I'M GOING TO F**K HIM UP"




As 'Young Adult' gears up to open December 16th, Charlize Theron and her fellow cast members are doing the press and talk show rounds.

During press interviews at a screening in New York last night, a reporter who Theron is familiar with did a no no by labeling her character as an "unsympathetic, she seems to be an alcoholic, delusional, mentally ill person, kind of a loser."  He found out that Theron does not like labels too much.

IF Press provides the account of what happened next as follows:

Listening later, during the question, I hear co-star Patton Oswalt whisper to her, "Let it go, let it go."

Theron clearly whispers back, "I'm gonna f--- him up."


Her response to the microphone: "Well, first of all, nice to see you again. Second of all, thanks for insulting me. Third of all, I've never been a fan of labels."


The lesson: Don't insult Charlize Theron -- or anybody she plays.


Guess that reporter didn't see her in 'Queen mode' in the SWATH trailer.  NY press is as tough as they come and will hit hard, Theron just showed how tough she was and sucker punched him back.
 Maybe it is from her experience dealing with mean girls growing up.  According to the New York Daily news, Theron provided an account with her experiences growing up and having to be teased by mean girls.


"I wore really nerdy glasses because I was blind as could be and the boys didn't like ," she said. "I didn't have any boyfriends, but lots of crushes."


But back in the day, her awkward haircut and glasses kept her on the outer fringes of popularity.


"I wasn't in the popular crowd," the stunner, 36, said of her growing pains. "There was a really popular girl at school and I was obsessed with her. I mean you would go to jail for that stuff today.


"I was in tears one day because I couldn't sit next to her."


Now she's an Oscar winner, the face of a Dior campaign and about to star in two highly anticipated movies next year with SWATH and 'Prometheus'.

 Not bad for a unpopular geek. Read the rest of the article here.


In the meantime, you can catch Theron December 9th on 'Live With Kelly'. Check here for your local listing and set your DVRs. Here's hoping for a little SWATH talk.




Thanks to @malenacasey for the Kelly appearance information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...